- Fees : 2600 $
- Date 05 Nov 2017
- Location Abu Dhabi, English
Business Succession Planning – Developing and Maintaining a Succession Plan
The loss of valuable leadership can cripple a company. Business succession planning is essentially preparing successors to take on vital leadership roles when the need arises.
Whether it is preparing someone to take over as the sole proprietor of a small business or a position of leadership in a corporation, business succession planning is essential to the long-term survival of a company. This course will teach you the difference between succession planning and mere replacement planning and how to prepare people to take on the responsibilities of leadership so that the company thrives in the transition.
Succession Planning Vs. Replacement Planning
- What is Business Succession Planning?
- What is Replacement Planning?
- Differences Between business succession planning and replacement planning .
- Relation between strategic planning and business succession planning .
- Elements of business succession planning .
- Deciding What You Need to have a reliable business planning .
Preparing for the Planning Process
- How to Set Parameters for the Planning Process?
- How to Set Parameters for the Planning Process
- Should You Establish a Committee ,or a team .
- How to Gather Operational Data
- Develop a Mission Statement
- Develop a Vision Statement
- Develop a process value and ethics.
- Choosing to Be a Mentor
The SWOT Analysis
- Identifying Strengths
- Identifying Weaknesses
- Identifying Opportunities
- Identifying Threats
Developing Succession Plan
- Prioritize What the Succession Plan Will Address
- Seat Goals and Objectives , select KPI’S .
- Develop a Strategy for Achieving Goals
- Develop quality succession plan.
- Draft the Plan , review and prove the plan.
- Assign Responsibility and Authority ( team member job description , communication , authority level ).
- Establish a Monitoring System
- Identifying Paths
- Choosing Your Final Approach
- Gathering Data
- Addressing Concerns and Issues
- Evaluating and Adaptin
Managing the Change
- Developing a Change Management Plan
- Developing a Communication Plan
- Implementing the Plans
- Providing Constructive Criticism
- Encouraging Growth and Development
- Common Obstacles
- RE-Evaluating Goals
- Focusing fn Progress
Reaching the End
- How to Know When You’ve Achieved Success
- Wrapping it All Up.
Course outcomes revision and briefing .
The course includes interactive discussions, exercises and case studies to involve the delegates to encourage maximum activity and learning potential, also includes personal actions plans to enhance success.